Please take this survey to help us learn more about how you use third party tools. Your input is greatly appreciated!

Cant connect to Vertica on Ubuntu via JDBC

I've installed Vertica on Ubuntu 12.10 and it's running fine. I'm able to use the adminTools, created a database and some tables. However I can't log in to the database neither with the dbadmin user or the user that I created for the database. The tool I'm using (DBeaver which I set up to use vertica jdbc driver) keeps telling me Invalid username or password. If I change the dbname to non existent one it tells me the database does not exist. So I'm sure it's able to communicate with vertica it just doesn't want to let me in. I'm also using this same tool to connect to our Vertica cluster nodes in a remote datacenter .. I've simply copied the connection settings where the difference is just the host 127.0.0.1. How can I debug this issue in Vertica? Is there a way to see what exactly is Vertica receiving from the JDBC driver and what the current users are and their passwords. Same happens with ODBC as well and I already have connections set up for other remote servers which work fine. Thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

Can't find what you're looking for? Search the Vertica Documentation, Knowledge Base, or Blog for more information.