Is the R language function only available for Enterprise customers?

I want to call a customized R function in Vertica instead of getting data from Vertica using ODBC and then running an R function on my local machine. For example, I have some R codes to do wavelet transform for a given vector and want to apply this function to millions of vectors in Vertica.  Can anyone point me to something useful?

Comments

• You can write R functions for Vertica using the Enterprise or CE editions. Documentation about downloading and installing the UDX software is here:  http://my.vertica.com/docs/CE/6.0.0-1...  The Vertica documentation also includes an R example at this location:  http://my.vertica.com/docs/CE/6.0.0-1...
  • also get examples when you install the Vertica R RPM under /opt/vertica/sdk/examples
  • i am getting[dbadmin@vertica examples]$ vsql -f RFunctions.sql
    Password:
    vsql:RFunctions.sql:11: ROLLBACK 3399:  Failure in UDx RPC call InvokeSetExecContext(): Error calling setupExecContext() in User Defined Object [] at [/scratch_a/release/vbuild/vertica/OSS/UDxFence/vertica-udx-C++.cpp:180], error code: 0, message: Error happened in dlopen(): [/opt/vertica/sdk/examples/RFunctions/RFunctions.R: invalid ELF header]
    vsql:RFunctions.sql:11: ERROR 4856:  Syntax error at or near "LANGUAGE" at character 1
    vsql:RFunctions.sql:11: LINE 1: LANGUAGE 'R';
    vsql:RFunctions.sql:11:         ^
    vsql:RFunctions.sql:15: ROLLBACK 3861:  Library not found: rlib
    vsql:RFunctions.sql:18: ROLLBACK 3861:  Library not found: rlib
    CREATE TABLE
    vsql:RFunctions.sql:33: ERROR 3457:  Function Rmul(float, float) does not exist, or permission is denied for Rmul(float, float)
    HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You may need to add explicit type casts
    DROP TABLE
    CREATE TABLE
    vsql:RFunctions.sql:53: ERROR 3457:  Function Kmeans(float, float) does not exist, or permission is denied for Kmeans(float, float)
    HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You may need to add explicit type casts
    DROP TABLE
    vsql:RFunctions.sql:59: ROLLBACK 3855:  Library "rLib" does not exist
     an error when using R functions under /opt/vertica/sdk/examples

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file