Options

Connectivity issues with Vertica 5.1 ODBC client libraries

I cannot connect my Linux or Unix client to Vertica.

Comments

• Options
    You might see one of these errors when trying to connect an ODBC client on a Unix of Linux host: * The error message NoSQLGetPrivateProfileString could not be found in the en-US locale. Check that /en-US/ODBCMessages.xml exists * [S1000][unixODBC][Vertica][ODBC] (11560) Unable to locate SQLGetPrivateProfileString function. 1. Ensure that the following configuration parameters and environment variables are set for the client session: a. Environment variable VERTICAINI. This must be set to the file name of a file containing driver settings. i. /etc/vertica.ini for a shared configuration file for all users on the client machine, ii. /home//.vertica.ini for a per-user configuration file. b. Parameter settings in the [Driver] section of the VERTICAINI file. Two required settings are added to the [Driver] section of the configuration file. You may also choose to place these in the /etc/odbcinst.ini file that all users share. For example: [Driver] ODBCInstLib = /usr/lib64/libodbcinst.so ErrorMessagesPath = /opt/vertica/lib64 Failure to set the ErrorMessagesPath variable results in this error message: * The error message NoSQLGetPrivateProfileString could not be found in the en-US locale. Check that /en-US/ODBCMessages.xml exists Set ErrorMessagesPath to either /opt/vertica/lib or /opt/vertica/lib64; messages files are found in subdirectory "en-US" of either of these. Only locale en-US is supported at this time. Failure to set the ODBCInstLib parameter results in this error message: * [S1000][unixODBC][Vertica][ODBC] (11560) Unable to locate SQLGetPrivateProfileString function. Set ODBCInstLib to the installed library for the ODBC Driver Manager (for example unixODBC or iODBC) you wish to use. Documentation details in the Programmer's Guide, section Additional ODBC Driver Configuration Settings http://my.vertica.com/docs/5.1.1/HTML/index.htm#16837.htm

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file