Error Generating Deploy in Database Designer

I get the following error when running Database Designer, and I can't find any info about this. Deployment did not complete successfully. ERROR - Subquery used as an expression returned more than one row. How can I determine what is causing this?

Comments

• Hi Dale, Thanks for sharing your question in the community! Someone on our team or in the community will be able to help you understand this error.
  • This seems to be a bug in the database designer handling multiple schemas. I had selected 2 schemas to optimize and got this error. When I re-ran selecting 1 schema at a time, then the error did not occur.
  • I thought it had something to do with selecting multiple schemas in database designer, but in fact, the error still occurs on one of the schemas when it's run alone.
  • Hi Dale, First, ensure that all the queries that are you feeding at the DBD work fine. If the queries are fine and it is definitely a DBD error, you check the designer.log file for more details. The designer.log can be found in the folder that you specified when you run the DBD. Let me know if you find more details. Eugenia
  • Hi Dale. Did you solve your DBD Error? I am getting the same sort of error when running the DBD choosing the following options: A query specific design The KSafety for the cluster is 2 Optimization for query performance and gave 4 schemas to generate the designs for. This is what I see in the designer log. 2013-06-27 08:27:09 [Designer.sendCommand] Executing: SELECT max(current_step_description) from "v_dbd_des20130627_des20130627".output_event_history_report where stage_type IN ('Error during deployment', 'Error during design'); 2013-06-27 08:27:09 [Designer.sendCommand] Status: 0. Result: ['Deployment did not complete successfully. ERROR - Subquery used as an expression returned more than one row'] 2013-06-27 08:27:09 Could not generate default deployment script.
  • Hi, I keep getting this error every time I run the DB designer with the options mentioned above (pasting below for reference): A query specific design The KSafety for the cluster is 2 Optimization for query performance and gave 4 schemas to generate the designs for. This time i gave it a file with 9 queries (i reduced the number of queries just to figure out which query was causing this problem). And it fails without pointing out any query in particular: 2013-06-28 15:45:57 Query 1 optimization ratio or status is 1 Query 2 optimization ratio or status is 1 Query 3 optimization ratio or status is 1 Query 4 optimization ratio or status is 1 Query 5 optimization ratio or status is 1 Query 6 optimization ratio or status is 1 Query 7 optimization ratio or status is 1 Query 8 optimization ratio or status is 1 Query 9 optimization ratio or status is 1 And somewhere down the log I get this: 2013-06-28 15:47:00 [Designer.sendCommand] Executing: SELECT count(*) from "v_dbd_fma20120628_1_fma20120628_1".output_event_history_report where stage_type IN ('Error during deployment', 'Error during design'); 2013-06-28 15:47:00 [Designer.sendCommand] Status: 0. Result: ['1'] 2013-06-28 15:47:01 [Designer.sendCommand] Executing: SELECT max(current_step_description) from "v_dbd_fma20120628_1_fma20120628_1".output_event_history_report where stage_type IN ('Error during deployment', 'E\ rror during design'); 2013-06-28 15:47:01 [Designer.sendCommand] Status: 0. Result: ['Deployment did not complete successfully. ERROR - Subquery used as an expression returned more than one row'] 2013-06-28 15:47:01 Could not generate default deployment script. Any input would be appreciated.
  • I just identified part of the solution to the problem stated above. I am still wondering why you guys don't have a suggestion. It seems like there were some views in the selected schemas that didn't actually have any underlying tables. Example: db_mgr=> \dv db_calc.bmark_constituent WARNING 3791: Invalid view securities_temp_view: Relation "db_bmark.securities_temp" does not exist WARNING 3791: Invalid view security_ids_view1: Relation "db_bmark_raw.security_ids" does not exist WARNING 3791: Invalid view security_latest_dates: Relation "db_bmark_raw.security_ids" does not exist Even though my queries in the input file never fetched any data from those views, the DBD seems to do some sort of validation and fail. After removing those views from the schema, the DBD worked fine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file