Options

Where is the the 32-bits Linux client?

Hello, I'm trying to download the 32-bits version of the Vertica client for Linux from http://my.vertica.com/, but the link leads to the x86_64.tgz version. After reading the HTML source code, it seems that : * the 64-bit link leads to the x86_64.rpm version * the 32-bit link leads to the x86_64.tar.gz version * the itanium link leads to the ia64.rpm version (it's ok) Is there any way to get this fixed to allow us downloading the 32-bits Linux client? Best, /Guillaume

Comments

• Options
    I'm checking on this... stay tuned.
  • Options
    I'm told that "The 32 bit libraries are in the x86_64 tarball". I hope we can get this packaged a bit more logically, but in the mean time, I hope this helps.
  • Options
    Hi George, thanks for your answer. Sadly, only the 32-bits libraries are present, not the 32-bit vsql binary : # tar tzf vertica-client-6.0.1-0.x86_64.tar.gz opt/ opt/vertica/ opt/vertica/bin/ opt/vertica/bin/vsql opt/vertica/java/ opt/vertica/java/lib/ opt/vertica/java/lib/vertica-jdk5.jar opt/vertica/java/lib/vertica-jdk5-6.0.1-0.jar opt/vertica/include/ opt/vertica/include/verticaodbc.h opt/vertica/lib64/ opt/vertica/lib64/libverticaodbc.so opt/vertica/lib64/libverticaodbc.so.6.0.1 opt/vertica/lib64/libverticaodbc.so.6 opt/vertica/lib64/libverticaodbc.so.6.0 opt/vertica/lib64/en-US/ opt/vertica/lib64/en-US/VerticaMessages.xml opt/vertica/lib64/en-US/ODBCMessages.xml opt/vertica/lib/ opt/vertica/lib/libverticaodbc.so opt/vertica/lib/libverticaodbc.so.6.0.1 opt/vertica/lib/libverticaodbc.so.6 opt/vertica/lib/libverticaodbc.so.6.0 opt/vertica/lib/en-US/ opt/vertica/lib/en-US/VerticaMessages.xml opt/vertica/lib/en-US/ODBCMessages.xml # file opt/vertica/bin/vsql opt/vertica/bin/vsql: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.4.0, not stripped # uname -a Linux ip-10-83-74-252 3.2.0-0.bpo.2-686-pae #1 SMP Sun Jun 3 22:21:19 UTC 2012 i686 GNU/Linux # ./opt/vertica/bin/vsql -bash: ./opt/vertica/bin/vsql: cannot execute binary file Any idea?
  • Options
    From our release engineer: You can find the client package on the downloads page under section “Download HP Vertica 6.1SP2 (6.1.2) Client Packages”, the Linux, 32bit link. Vsql is, indeed, in there.
  • Options
    Thanks George!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file