Where is projection's segmentation in V_CATALOG?

Hi,I couldn't find projection's segmentation anywhere in V_CATALOG.Is it missing, or am I missing something?

Comments

• wwong2wwong2 Employee
    Another way to look at the projection's segmentation is to use the EXPORT_OBJECTS function to view the definition of projection and what segments are.

• I'm looking for the same. Can you point me to the docs?
  • Hi!
    select * from vs_segments;                            -- detailed info
    select * from vs_projection_segment_information;
    select get_projection_segments('<projection name>');  
    PS
    There are Google pie chart that shows visually how data distributed.

daniel=> select local_segment_layout from vs_segments;
                                                  local_segment_layout                                               
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    v_target_db_node0001[25.0%]
    (1 row)

daniel=> select segexpr from vs_segments;
                                            segexpr                                        
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     segment expression: hash(test.id, test.f) implicit range: v_target_db_node0001[100.0%]
    (1 row)

daniel=> select local_segment_layout_chart_url from vs_segments;
                                                                                                                        local_segment_layout_chart_url                                                                                                                   
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=p3&chs=800x350&chp=-1.5708&chd=t:25.0,25.0,25.0,2...
    (1 row)

• Cool hacking!

BTW, I've opened a feature request (VER-27572) a while ago to get an official API, but I'll use this table as a workaround.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file