Options

Installing VMWare and vertica

Hi , I am rnew to Vertica ( and to open system in general). I am from a Database background in mainframe. Now trying to start learning by installing the community edition on my widows 7 machine 64 bit. I downloaded Vertica 7.0.0 x64 for VMware. It gave 2 files   Vertica 7.0.0 x64 for VMware.vmdk  and Vertica 7.0.0 x64 for VMware.vmx.   Both these files dont open when I double click.

Are the above be elementary actually vertica software files or , are they related to the VM software? Do I need to install VMware separately for my windows 7 ?  

thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
Ganapathy

Comments

• Options

Hi Ganapathy,

You have downloaded the virtual machine. You can download and install the VMWare Player from https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/free#desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_player/6_0  and then open the Vertica 7.0.0 x64 for VMware.vmx file in it.

Thanks,
    Harshad

• Options
    Hi Harshad 

Thank you so much for the reply. I downloaded the VM player. However some intial problems like the enabling of BOIOS for Intel VT-x  needs to be done. I get this error when I try to play the virtual machine. I will update the BIOS as needed and then try. thank you again. 
  • Options
    Hi enable the Intel VT-x  Virtualization technologies while on boot window ..
    Checkout below link for help :
    http://www.sysprobs.com/disable-enable-virtualization-technology-bios
  • Options

Hi, I am new to vertica. I have installed vmplayer and the vertica community edition (Virtual machine version). When I run the .vmdk file it takes to vmplayer interface, saying welcome to vertica database server browser page. However, I am not able to see the database interface. What are the next steps I should do to run vertica database?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file