Options

Is there a way to load "multiple dimensions" of JSON data into flex tables efficiently?

Say I have a JSON file that has JSON structure within JSON structure. Is there a current way to get all of that JSON data into flex tables efficiently? Basically I'd want to create one main table for the highest level of json data then dimension tables for x inner json data. I have an algorithm thought up that I think would accomplish this but I wanted to ask before implementing an algorithm in case Vertica already has a way to do it. Note that I'm not adding an example b/c the point is to generalize the process of loading json data into flex tables. However, I will give a situation that I came across that was not satisfying (this is motivating my question).. I loaded a json file into a flex table but one of my columns did not parse the json data (the column still had json structure) b/c this was an inner-level of json structure. I hope this question makes sense and thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your interest in Flex Tables. I was wondering if I could ask for a quick clarification on what you see in the column you mention in your second paragraph.

Is this a case where you have a JSON string as a JSON value (so you see valid JSON in this column) or is this a case where you have one nested JSON structure and you want to load only part of its structure into the second table (so you see Flexible Table binary data in this column)?

Thanks very much!
  • Options
    This is the case where I have one nested JSON structure and I want to load only part of its structure into the second table. Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi, I know this is an old topic but was there a solution for this issue? I also have a complex nested json and would like to be able to directly copy it into vertica and distribute the data to dimensions without doing any preprocessing outside of Vertica.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file