Options

Does vertica DB 6.0.1 community edition version supports import data from Hadoop to Vertica DB using

Does vertica DB 6.0.1 community edition version supports import data from Hadoop to Vertica DB using "COPY source Hdfs(url='') "

I tried to copy the hadoop-vertica.jar and vertica jdk5 jar in the library path of hadoop and tried to run copy from source as explained above, but to no avail.

Can someone please help me with this?

Comments

• Options
    Hi Padmakumar,

The HDFS connector is not Java-based; you need to download and run the installer for the HDFS connector.

I believe this connector was available for the 6.0 CE.  Unfortunately, 6.0 (and its associated connectors) are no longer available for community download.  Also, the 6.0 version of the connector relied on new SDK functionality that was new in 6.0 and improved substantially in later releases.

6.1 has been deprecated for community use as well; I would strongly encourage you to look into upgrading to 7.x.  The 7.x HDFS connector is available from the Community Downloads page.

Older versions are, as always, available to Enterprise users for some period of time.  We always recommend upgrading, but we realize that production installations sometimes can't be upgraded promptly.

Adam
  • Options
    Hi Adam,

Thank you for your reply!!!

Is there any way that you can provide this one connector rpm or zip file. It is very necessary at this time.

I will think about upgrade later(as it may take some time and manual hours).

Best Regards,
    Padmakumar S
  • Options
    Hi Adam,

Thank you for your reply!!!

Is there any way that you can provide this one connector rpm or zip file. It is very necessary at this time.

I will think about upgrade later(as it may take some time and manual hours).

Best Regards,
    Padmakumar S
  • Options
    Also, Can you please let me know:

1. How to upgrade 6.0.1 to 7.x version
    2. Will it result in data loss?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file