Options

database size

Hello guys!
I have a problem, I must know the database size, how I can do it?

Comments

• Options
    If you are looking for the raw size in the context of license usage in the Admin Guide there's a page entitled "Monitoring Database Size for License Compliance" and on that page it shows how to use a get_compliance_status.

If you are talking real physical size in byes on disk you can use the projection_storage and column_storage system tables. Those are all covered in the SQL Reference Guide under the Vertica System Tables section.

I hope it helps.
  • Options
    I didn't understand or with projection_storage and column_storage I have to use these commands for each table?
    If so, there isn't a way to know the total physical size of the database?
  • Options
    Hi,

You can get total or drill down to some level of granularity. Below is an example of the projection_storage and getting total size or total per node.

ndw=> select sum(used_bytes) from projection_storage;
       sum
    ---------
    (1 row)

ndw=> select node_name,sum(used_bytes) from projection_storage group by node_name;
       node_name    |   sum
    ----------------+---------
     v_ndw_node0001 | 1373835
     v_ndw_node0002 | 1354463
     v_ndw_node0003 | 1358841
    (3 rows)

And here's a look at the compliance raw data size for the same db, noting that above I have 4MB actual size (after compression) and below I have 10MB raw size (before compression).

ndw=> select get_compliance_status();
    get_compliance_status        
    ------------------------------
     Raw Data Size: 0.01GB +/- 0.00GB
     License Size : 500.00GB
     Utilization  : 0%
     Audit Time   : 2014-03-07 12:13:09.864402-05
  • Options
    thanks a lot :)
  • Options
    Hi Nicola,

In addition to what Steve mentioned, you can also take a look at the AUDIT function which estimates the raw data size of a database, a schema, a projection, or a table as it is counted in an audit of the database size. More info on this function can be found here:

https://my.vertica.com/docs/7.0.x/HTML/index.htm#Authoring/SQLReferenceManual/Functions/VerticaFunctions/LicenseManagement/AUDIT.htm

Regards,
    Harshad

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file