Rpcc 0.11.0 not supported by Distributed R?

We're evaluating Distributed R along side Vertica. I've installed Distributed R successfully and it works fine. Distributed R installs Rcpp version 0.9.9 but we were wanting to utilize functionality out of the latest version of the Rcpp package (0.11.0). I updated the Rcpp package but when I load the distributedR library I get the following error:

Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :  unable to load shared object '/usr/lib64/R/library/distributedR/libs/distributedR.so':
  libRcpp.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘distributedR’

Re-installing Distributed R overwrites the Rcpp package with the prior version.

How can we use Rcpp 0.11.0 with Distributed R?

Comments

• Hello Adam,
      We will move to newer Rcpp version in the coming releases. Rcpp 0.11 is fairly new and we need to test it across OS distributions. 

For the current Distributed R beta release, you won't be able to upgrade to new Rcpp. If you are using an R package with dependence of Rcpp 0.11, I suggest you to try the older version of that package. Older versions of packages are available under "Older sources" on CRAN. Once you download the package, you can use R CMD INSTALL to install the package.

Pleas let us know if you face issues.

Thanks,
    Indrajit
  • Great, I will pass along the info.

Thanks
  • Hi Team,
    We are facing an issue with rpcc version.
    We have developed few functions using R.
    And when we try to use them on vertica, we are facing the following issue.
    It says the current version is 0.12.16 ,but the required version is >=1.0.1

SQL Error [3399] [VP001]: [Vertica]VJDBC ERROR: Failure in UDx RPC call InvokeProcessPartition(): Error calling processPartition() in User Defined Object [rperiodogram] at [/data/qb_workspaces/jenkins2/ReleaseBuilds/Grader/REL-9_3_x-x_grader/build/vertica/OSS/UDxFence/RInterface.cpp:1398], error code: 0, message: Exception in processPartitionForR: [Evaluation error: package or namespace load failed for ‘dplyr’ in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]): namespace ‘Rcpp’ 0.12.16 is already loaded, but >= 1.0.1 is required.]

How can i solve this ?

Thank you,
    Raj

• By the way we are using vertica version v9.3.0-2

• Also please let us know, if this issue solved in v9.3.1-7.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file