Options

How to get vertica support

Hi,

I have a enterprise license and have databases running in our prod environment. We want to know how to get the support from vertica?

Please let me know.

Thanks
Saumya

Comments

• Options
    Hi Saumya, if you have an enterprise license you should have received credentials to my.vertica.com which would allow you to contact support directly through our portal. If you did not, I suggest contacting the Vertica admin at your company and or the Vertica representative from HP you worked with to get the license.

Regards,

Pat
  • Options
    Pat,

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me if there is a way to check if our license is community edition or enterprise edition?

I do see that the license that we used limit us to 1TB of space and we have access to take backups and also install management console and hence I am thinking this is possible only in enterprise edition. Is that right?

Also, how do we extend our space requirement in the enterprise edition license?

Thanks
    Saumya
  • Options
    Hello Saumya, if the limit is 1TB then you are on our Enterprise edition. Vertica CE is limited to 1 TB in size. You can also run "SELECT DISPLAY_LICENSE();" to find the license in your HP Vertica dB.

To extend your license please visit the following URL for all the details.

https://my.vertica.com/docs/6.1.x/HTML/index.htm#9442.htm

Regards,

Pat

• Options
    Pat,

So, CE is limited to 1TB and so is EE? It doesnt't say anywhere if it is CE or EE, how do we get that information?

dbadmin=> select display_license();
                display_license           
    ---------------------------------------
     HP Vertica
    2/7/2013
    Perpetual
    1TB

(1 row)

dbadmin=>
    dbadmin=> select GET_COMPLIANCE_STATUS ();
                                                                                                                     GET_COMPLIANCE_STATUS                                                                                                                 
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Raw Data Size: 0.02TB +/- 0.00TB
     License Size : 1.00TB
     Utilization  : 2%
     Audit Time   : 2014-03-19 23:59:27.78976-07
     Compliance Status : The database is in compliance with respect to raw data size.

No expiration date for a Perpetual license
    (1 row)

Please let me know.

Thanks
    saumya

• Options
    Hi Saumya, if you are an Enterprise customer and want to use our portal it is easy to sign up here ->  https://my.vertica.com/customer-sign-up-form/

Regards,

Pat

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file