need to scale my Vertica cluster UP
I need to scale my cluster UP without impact to my current PROD cluster.
I have 2 different options in mind.
1. snapshot current cluster
2. restore snapshot on different cluster with same node count
3. add more nodes to this new cluster
4. rebalance data
5. make new bigger cluster PROD
1. create new blank Vertica cluster with more nodes
2. copy data from PROD cluster to new cluster using
EXPORT TO VERTICA db.schema.table AS SELECT * FROM schema.table
3. make new bigger cluster PROD
Any advice on which option is better/faster ?
Any other methods available ?