Options

Installing on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Hi, I couldn't install Distributed-R. I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. This is the part of the log file where the installation crash: Installing HPDGLM * installing to library ‘/home/dfpp/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.1’ * installing *source* package ‘HPDGLM’ ... ** R ** preparing package for lazy loading Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) : unable to load shared object '/home/dfpp/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.1/distributedR/libs/distributedR.so': libRcpp.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory Error : package ‘distributedR’ could not be loaded ERROR: lazy loading failed for package ‘HPDGLM’

Comments

• Options
    Nimmi_guptaNimmi_gupta - Select Field - Employee
    What version of Distributed-R are you trying to install? Distributed-R build will not work on Ubuntu 14.04. We haven't tried yet.
    Please check the installation doc the OSes we support for Distributed-R.
  • Options
    The version is this: vertica-distributedR-0.6.0-0.339.0.DEBIAN7.x86_64.deb. Hopefully you can fix several things in order to make distributedR more friendly. I'd suggest that distributedR should be able of being installed as any other R package. You don't need to pack for example Rccp but require its installation if the latest version is not installed already. Also, most R users already have RStudio installed, so having to change the installation of RStudio for being able to use it with distributedR is not fun. I would do the tests by myself but at the Github repo I didn't see the distributedR "thing" for playing with it. Anyway, keep up with the good work, and hopefully you can release a most standard version soon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file