Options

Vertica MC Compatability with 6.1.3-11

I don't know if I am doing anything wrong, or if I should create a support case ticket for this issue or not.

We had the management console setup before and then we removed it. Just a few weeks ago we installed 6.1.3-11 and also reinstalled the management console on a different machine.

I can not see any of the performance metrics on the MC console or anything else for that matter except that the database is up.

I have refreshed the overview page multiple times, and the reason why I think it may be a compatibility issue is because the Vertica version field is unpopulated.

I would like to see all the performance monitors, please help.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Nimmi_guptaNimmi_gupta - Select Field - Employee
    Looks like MC didn't get installed correctly. Can you remove and try to reinstall?
  • Options
    I have reinstalled it 3 times already and still no luck.

I did notice that I get the following prompts when installing and starting the service.

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader).
    log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
     ... contextInit, derby system home from env:/opt/vconsole/mcdb/derby

Also, when adding the db and running first configuration vmc prompts that the "Analyze Workload operation has succeeded on Database"

But then when doing a reboot of the server, the following happens when logging in.

1. Login prompt hangs for 10-15 minutes
    2. After login finally goes through, there are new messages.
    3. Get an error stating that the Analyze Workload operation has failed
  • Options
    Please run the following on the MC and DB machines to confirm that they are running the same version of Vertica -

rpm -qa | grep vertica

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file