Options

Visualization tool for Vertica Place

Hello all,

we are thinking in an indoor positioning solution (i.e. follow people position in a mall) where we would use HP Vertica Place. And we have two questions:

- Is Vertica Place a good fit also for indoor position?
- Any recommendation of a graphical tool (if open-source better) to display indoor maps (and points where people are)?

Thanks and best regards,
Rodrigo.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Rodrigo,

Sounds like you are working on a pretty cool solution! We actually just recently posted a blog post about a very similar use case. It's worth a read and might help you develop your analytic queries and get a deeper understanding of HP Vertica Place. (http://www.vertica.com/2014/11/04/using-location-data-with-hp-vertica-place/).

Here are the answers to your questions:

- Is Vertica Place a good fit also for indoor position?

HP Vertica Place can use two standard types of location data; Geometry and Geography. We follow the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards. So I think you'll find HP Vertica Place to be a great solution for your use case, especially if you have a large amount of data.

- Any recommendation of a graphical tool (if open-source better) to display indoor maps (and points where people are)?

We don't officially recommend one graphical tool over another to display your data, but there are a lot of 3rd party tools out there that can help you visualize your data.

I hope these answers help you start building out your solution. If they don't feel free to ask more questions.

-Casey

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file