Unable to connect to Vertica DB via ODBC connection.

Unable to connect to Vertica DB via ODBC connection. the server has vertica 7.1 and i  have installed vertica-client-7.1.1-0.64.exe on my windows 7 OS. This client package has ODBC driver. However, Unable to build the connection. some stupid reason :( can someone quickly help please..
The error is: image

Comments

• Addtionally, can someone send me a link to download windows 64 bit ODBC driver for Vertica v7.0.1-0 

Thanks!
  • Prasanta_PalPrasanta_Pal - Select Field - Employee
    Try download the windows 64 bit ODBC driver version 7.0.x and install the ODBC driver, you should be able to connect to vertica 7.1.x
    Once you upgrade vertica to higher version, you can upgrade Driver with same version.

• Thats the challenge. Vertica doesn't have 7.0.x or below drivers on their download site. and unfortunately i too dont have :( This was the reason i posted another comment on same post to share the link to download if anywhere available. so far no luck :(
    If you are CE user, the links may not be available. So in that case you may have to upgrade the vertica server.
    I will check if I can send the old version of the driver by some means.
  • Following...I am also facing the same issues since yesterday. : (
  • I have got the driver from my archive repository. If you want, I can share with you!! @PP: upgrading to 7.1 has adition OPEX and ideally vertica should have last few recent drivers at their site. Sad to see such gaps at their portal.
    The old drivers are available for Enterprise version in the portal. We will try to provide the links for old drivers in the CE sites too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file