Options

Exception when starting Vertica Management Console

Hello friends,

I've successfully installed Vertica on a 3-node cluster. The nodes are running on CentOS 6 in AWS. Now I'm trying to install and start the Vertica Management Console on one of the nodes using the following command:

yum install /vertica-console-7.1.2-0.x86_64.RHEL5.rpm

The install completes without error, but the console is not available when I visit https://hostname:5450/webui. Restarting the vertica-consoled service *sometimes* fixes the issue and I can then access the console in the browser, but most times I get the following stack trace:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspFactory
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.init(JspServlet.java:150)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.initServlet(ServletHolder.java:445)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.doStart(ServletHolder.java:265)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:59)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:771)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.startContext(ServletContextHandler.java:249)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1213)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:589)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:454)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:59)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:89)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:89)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:261)
    at com.vertica.Startup.main(Startup.java:41)
2015-07-09 13:23:41.514:WARN:oejuc.AbstractLifeCycle:FAILED o.e.j.w.WebAppContext{/webui,file:/opt/vconsole/temp/webapp/},file:/opt/vconsole/lib/webui.war: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/jsp/JspFactory

Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas on how to debug this issue? Thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file