Options

Error 4054 when trying EXPORT TO VERTICA

Hi,

I'm trying to export data from one Vertica cluster to another. Using http://my.vertica.com/docs/7.1.x/HTML/index.htm#Authoring/SQLReferenceManual/Statements/EXPORTTOVERTICA.htm?Highlight=export%20to%20vertica as a reference, I launch a vsql session on the source cluster and issue the CONNECT statement (database, password and server names are not the real values and are for illustration) :-

dbadmin=> CONNECT TO VERTICA MYDB USER dbadmin PASSWORD 'password' ON 'TARGET-SERVER',5433;

CONNECT

Vertica responds with the "CONNECT" message as above so that seems good. Then I issue the EXPORT TO VERTICA statement:-

dbadmin=> EXPORT TO VERTICA MYDB.public.TEST FROM TEST;

ERROR 4054:  NetworkSend on v_MYDB_node0001: failed to open connection to node v_MYDB_node0001 (socket error: No route to host)

Vertica responds with the error 4054 as above.

I can ping the target cluster and also run a vsql session from the source cluster using the -h flag to connect to the target cluster as a test, so I can't see why I cannot issue the EXPORT command (the CONNECT statement seemed to work).

Can anyone assist?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options

Hi

Can you check if there is a firewall is off for port 5434 as well along with 5433? Please open it if in case blocked by firewall & then again try performing the requested task of performing export.

Let us know if still faces this issue.

Regards

Rahul Choudhary

• Options

Thanks - the ports are open on both the source and target hosts.

• Options
    Hi Run Select * from nodes; You need to make sure you don’t see localhost or 127.0.01 as Export command do not support such Node ip /hostname Thanks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file