Options

Informatica Vertica Plug In Broken Pipe

I have been using the Informatica Plug-In for Vertica for about 6 months without issue. We recently moved our informatica host to the cloud. Now on occasion i get a broken pipe error.  I wait a while then rerun the job and it completes successfully. I'm assuming there is network trafic and some timeout/keep alive setting needs to be increased.  Any help appreciated. 

node01_xx : VERTICA_1037 : [ERROR] SQL error: [Vertica][VJDBC](100024) IOException while communicating with server: java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe. Refer to the inner exception for more detail.

node01_xx: JAVA PLUGIN_1762 : [ERROR] The Source Qualifier encountered a connection error. The error is [Vertica][VJDBC](100024) IOException while communicating with server: java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe. Refer to the inner exception for more detail..

node01_xx : JAVA PLUGIN_1762 : [ERROR] at com.vertica.informatica.powerconnect.server.reader.VerticaReaderPartitionDriver.run(Unknown Source)
node01_xx : SDKS_38200 : Partition-level [xxxx]: Plug-in #445050 failed in run().

Thank you,

Manny

Comments

• Options

I presume broken Pipes could be network / firewall issues, yes. Or it could be that the server killed the session. Try correlating this disconnect with the server logs / dc_session_ends.  If you see an “Unexpected EOF on client session…” in the server log, chances are that it was a networking-related failure and not a server/dbadmin initiated session kill.

Let me know if it helps.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file