Options

Management Console "could not establish a connection with the agent"

I just upgraded everything from 7.1 to 7.2.1.  Management Console will no longer discover the (7.2.1) database.

When doing "Import Vertica" from the Management Console and after entering the IP address of one of the cluster nodes, it returns with "could not establish a connection with the agent".

I AM able to import other (older) clusters (6.1).

My nodes are running as v1,v2,v3 and I am able to query the database fine.  Management Console will not connect to them.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options

Hi markrees,

Have you checked whether the agent is running on the node you're trying to import through? If you do a 'ps -ef | grep vertica', the agent will show up as ./simply_fast.py process. If it's not running, you can start it through '/etc/init.d/vertica_agent start'. If it is running and you're not able to connect, a 'restart' instead of 'start' might help. For Management Console to communicate with your cluster most effectively, you would need to make sure that the agent is running on all the nodes in the cluster. 

Hope that helps,

Chris

• Options
    SruthiASruthiA Vertica Employee Administrator

Hi,

In 7.2, If you are using Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS 7, use the following command

sudo /opt/vertica/sbin/vertica_agent start

Thank you,

Sruthi

• Options

Thank you, this DID work, after I ran it on all nodes...

• Options
    SruthiASruthiA Vertica Employee Administrator

Hi,

Good to know that it worked

Thank you,

Sruthi

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file