Options

Failed to start the database at AWS due incompatible SDK

Hi all... I need your help :(

I have 10 node Vertica 7.1.1-10 production environment.
I wanted to create DR site at AWS... I installed 10 node Vertica 7.2.1 cluster at AWS and did Copy Cluster from my production environment to the AWS environment... all good so far... but after the copy cluster finish with success, I tried to start the database and I got an error, I check at the Vertica.log and i found the following errors:
[Init] <INFO> Library [/db/catalog/vertica_polonium_mtc/v_vertica_polonium_mtc_node0010_catalog/Libraries/TxtIndex_TxtIndexLib_45035996357271334/TxtIndex_TxtIndexLib_45035996357271334.so] was compiled with incomaptible sdk verison [v7.1.1-10], required version [7.2.1]. Marking it as invalid
[Recover] <WARNING> Cannot load library file [/db/catalog/vertica_polonium_mtc/v_vertica_polonium_mtc_node0010_catalog/Libraries/TxtIndex_TxtIndexLib_45035996357271334/TxtIndex_TxtIndexLib_45035996357271334.so], It was built with incompatible SDK Version: v7.1.1-10, expected version: 7.2.1
[Recover] <WARNING> Error during setting up function, message: The library was built with an incompatible SDK

Unfortunately I installed 7.2.1 Vertica version at the AWS and my production is 7.1.1-10 .... I'm new in all the linux world, I found this article http://my.vertica.com/docs/7.1.x/HTML/index.htm#Authoring/ExtendingHPVertica/UDx/UpdatingUDFsAfterAServerUpgrade.htm
http://my.vertica.com/docs/7.1.x/HTML/Content/Authoring/ExtendingHPVertica/UDx/UDxInJava/CompilingAndPackagingAJavaUDF.htm
and I'm not really know what to do :(
Your help please :(

Thanks
Chen

Comments

• Options
    SruthiASruthiA Vertica Employee Administrator

Hi,

Since you have upgraded your vertica version, you need to recomplie libraries.  Can you recompile the following libraries. 

Provided below steps to rebuild library:

--ApproximateLib
    >> Drop existing library
    [dbadmin@sanumula6 ddl]$ vsql -f /opt/vertica/packages/approximate/ddl/uninstall.sql
    >> Re create the library
    [dbadmin@sanumula6 ddl]$ vsql -f /opt/vertica/packages/approximate/ddl/install.sql

--Txtindex.lib

>> Drop existing library
    [dbadmin@sanumula6 ddl]$ vsql -f /opt/vertica/packages/txtindex/ddl/uninstall.sql
    >> Re create the library
    [dbadmin@sanumula6 ddl]$ vsql -f /opt/vertica/packages/txtindex/ddl/install.sql

--flextable.lib

>> Drop existing library
    [dbadmin@sanumula6 ddl]$ vsql -f /opt/vertica/packages/flextable/ddl/uninstall.sql
    >> Re create the library
    [dbadmin@sanumula6 ddl]$ vsql -f /opt/vertica/packages/flextable/ddl/install.sql

Thank you,

Sruthi

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file