Options

Installing External Procedure written in Java

I wrote a small Java program that connects to Vertica database and update few records in a Table. Its compiled and running successfully in Eclipse IDE. Now I planned to install this in Vertica as External Procedure. So, I have a created a Runnable JAR file from Eclipse and I moved this to Unix server where Vertica is installed.

I had gone through the Installation steps and when I am trying to install the JAR file, it gave me the below errors:

Installing external procedure...

adminTools Last Chance Error Handler running...
raised error: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
error message: None
trace file: /opt/vertica/log/adminTools.errors
REPORT THIS INFORMATION TO TECHNICAL SUPPORT
AND INCLUDE CONTENTS OF THE TRACE FILE IN YOUR REPORT

Also when I checked the errors at /opt/vertica/log/adminTools.errors, below is what I had:

2016-03-22 14:27:47.146 admintools/32638:0x7f22aa46f700 [__main__.<module>] <CRITICAL> --------------------------------
2016-03-22 14:27:47.146 admintools/32638:0x7f22aa46f700 [__main__.<module>] <CRITICAL> raisedError
2016-03-22 14:27:47.178 admintools/32638:0x7f22aa46f700 [__main__.<module>] <CRITICAL> Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/vertica/bin/admintools", line 405, in <module>
ac.runApp()
File "/opt/vertica/oss/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vertica/ui/adminCtrl.py", line 3161, in runApp
self.__ui.runFromNavigation("main")
File "/opt/vertica/oss/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vertica/ui/uiMgr.py", line 165, in a_wrapper_accepting_args
fn(self, *args, **kwargs)
File "/opt/vertica/oss/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vertica/ui/uiMgr.py", line 450, in runFromNavigation
self.__navigator.navigate(uimanager=self, startingPoint=runFrom)
File "/opt/vertica/oss/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vertica/ui/Navigator.py", line 336, in navigate
((self.__menus[ nextMenu ][ self.NAV_MACTIONS ])[ offset ])()
File "/opt/vertica/oss/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vertica/ui/adminCtrl.py", line 1188, in installExtProc
good, msg = self.__exec.createProcDir(dbName)
File "/opt/vertica/oss/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vertica/engine/adminExec.py", line 3978, in createProcDir
nodeList = dbDict["defined"][dbName]
KeyError: None

Am I doing something wrong here?

Comments

• Options

Hi,

If this is a multi node cluster, can you try installing the external procedure from a different node? If you face the same issue, then please upload /opt/vertica/log/adminTools.log for review.

Thanks

Gayatri

• Options

Hi Gayatri,

I was able to figure out the problem. When installing the file into Vertica, it was asking to select Database to install. I use my arrows up/down on my keypad and once my Database is highlighted I would hit Enter on my keyboard to select that for installtion, it was always giving me error in the next step saying "Could not find the Database". 

Today, I have used  my up/down arrows to highlight the database and then with my mouse I would do  a click on that database as well. This puts an * next to the database. I suppose thats the way to select  the database and I was able to move forward with successfuly installation.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file