Options

Request distribution among cluster nodes

how to get Request distribution among cluster nodes in vertica?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Options

Hi, 

I am not sure what do you mean with distribuition but the table projection_storage can tell you how many rows an used bytes you have per node per projection. Maybe this is what you are looking for ?

HTH,

Eugenia

• Options

Thanks for replying. My question is like i want to know the work load distribution across the nodes when i pass some select query. If i am passing 'select xyz from abc where some_condition' , i want know, in each node how the load distributed among

• Options
    if you add the keyword PROFILE before the statement vertica will save the profile information in the execution_engine_profiles table. In that table you could look in each part of the query per node how many bytes were read, how many rows where produced, etc. The table keeps a lot of info so you will need to do some aggregation queries to look at it. HTH, Eugenia
  • Options

Hi Rajzz, 

Management Console will show you your workload distribution across your nodes in various areas. 

For aggregated resource information (from all your running queries), you can go to the Query Monitoring page:

query-monitoring.png

Management Console will also easily aggregate node information for you when profiling a query:

mc-query-plan.png

• Options

It works.

Thanks eugenia and chris

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file