Options

Vertica Crash

I have Community Edition 7.0.1-0 and my nodes keep crashing.

FAULT => 3: NewEENode (from ErrorReport.txt)
Received fatal signal SIGSEGV (from vertica.log)

ErrorReport.txt was created. This issue has been occurring sporadically for a couple of months and we've just restarted the node and it would stay up for a while. Now it's happening every 15-30 minutes. We've identified the insert statement that is causing the issue. How can we get help on this. What else can we send. We are far from experts in the Vertica world and desperately need assistance.

Comments

• Options

Found the bad data! Sorry if I wasted anyone's time!

• Options

Oops, I celebrated too soon. Apparently that was not the entire issue. Crashes are not as frequent but still occurring. If anyone is willing to make some recommendations I would really appreciate it.

• Options

In the spirit of keeping the thread updated, we have disabled the EnableEMMJMultiblockSIPS setting to see if this helps. Found this recommendation on Stack Overflow at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36134681/vertica-received-fatal-signal-sigsegv

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Administrator

Can you post BT ErrorReport.txt to confirm it is same issue. Above config parameter should help and please note that this issue has been fixed in recent versions of vertica.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file