Vertica 9.0.1 is out!
Today marks the GA release of Vertica 9.0.1, a maintenance release – the first service pack for v 9. Some of the new feature highlights include:
- Can now upgrade machine learning models with Vertica upgrade
- Vertica continues its customer beta program around separation of compute and storage on AWS. The latest drop further reduces AWS costs and improves scaling.
- B/R for N -> N+1: Can now restore objects from a cluster running an older version of Vertica to a cluster running a newer version of Vertica.
- Integration with Apache Ranger for centralized Hadoop-Vertica security policies
- High Availability (HA) support for HCatalog connector
- Random Forest machine learning algorithm now also for regression in addition to classification
View all the enhancements here: