Options

Unable to load the data using COPY STREAM when table has multiple partitions

edited January 2019 in General Discussion

Hi Team,

I am using vertica as my database, I have created a table with multiple partitions using the below query in vertica.

CREATE TABLE employee ( EmpNameFirstName VARCHAR NOT NULL, EmpNameLastName VARCHAR NOT NULL, EmpCity VARCHAR NOT NULL, EmpState VARCHAR NOT NULL) PARTITION BY HASH (EmpCity, EmpState);

Now i am trying to load the data using my program which will create the below copy query to load the data using stream.

COPY employee FROM local STDIN GZIP DELIMITER '|' DIRECT STREAM NAME 'employee -224-0-20190120170125394' returnrejected NO COMMIT

I am unable to see the data in the employee table.
But when i have created the table with one partitions and trying to load the data with same program then data is populating in the table and i can see the data in the table.

Request your expertise to solve this issue.

Thanks,
Khaja

Answers

• Options
    Jim_KnicelyJim_Knicely - Select Field - Administrator

Hi,

This similar example works okay:

[dbadmin@s18384357 ~]$ cat gzip.txt
     jim|knicely|pittsburgh|pa
     jack|demo|pittsburgh|pa
     dave|darcey|new york|ny

[dbadmin@s18384357 ~]$ gzip gzip.txt
     gzip.txt.gz

[dbadmin@s18384357 ~]$ vsql -c "CREATE TABLE employee2 ( EmpNameFirstName VARCHAR NOT NULL, EmpNameLastName VARCHAR NOT NULL, EmpCity VARCHAR NOT NULL, EmpState VARCHAR NOT NULL) PARTITION BY HASH (EmpCity, EmpState);"
     CREATE TABLE

[dbadmin@s18384357 ~]$ vsql -c "COPY employee2 FROM local STDIN GZIP DELIMITER '|' DIRECT STREAM NAME 'employee -224-0-20190120170125394' returnrejected NO COMMIT;" < /home/dbadmin/gzip.txt.gz
      Rows Loaded
     -------------
     (1 row)

Three records were loaded.

But note I used a COPY command with the NO COMMIT option. So the data is not there anymore!

[dbadmin@s18384357 ~]$ vsql -c "SELECT * FROM employee2;"
     EmpNameFirstName | EmpNameLastName | EmpCity | EmpState
    ------------------+-----------------+---------+----------
    (0 rows)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file