ERROR 8617: Request size too big (MaxParsedQuerySizeMB)

vasmez81vasmez81 Registered User
edited April 23 in Vertica Forum

Hello!
I have a problem with selecting data from table which contains varchar (64000) records.

select start_timestamp, request, ... from projection_used where start_timestamp > '...'
ERROR 8617:  Request size too big
DETAIL:  Total allocated memory (MiB) = 1024.006 is about to exceed limit imposed by MaxParsedQuerySizeMB (MiB) = 1024.000

Column "request" has the type varchar (64000)

Every hour we save new records from query_requests and dc_projection_used to a regular table. And then we make extracts from the table for technical analysis.
Everything worked fine for over a year (9.0, 9.1), but after upgrading to 9.2 there was a problem.
If the incremental extract contains more than 200k-400k records, then this leads to problems with the MaxParsedQuerySizeMB value = 1 GB

I tried to increase the value, but with a large interval of data (29M records) this stops helping even with 16GB

Vertica version is v9.2.0-0 CE

Comments

• Jim_KnicelyJim_Knicely Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Registered User, VerticaExpert

Every time you change the value of MaxParsedQuerySizeMB, only new sessions created afterwards will be affected.

• vasmez81vasmez81 Registered User
    Every time you change the value of MaxParsedQuerySizeMB, only new sessions created afterwards will be affected.

That's not the problem.
    1. It's very likely that a vertica 9.2 has a problem with selecting rows which contains long values. In my case it's varchar(64000) and ~300k rows with MaxParsedQuerySizeMB = 1024
    2. Why do I need to increase the size of MaxParsedQuerySizeMB for simple selects?
    Table "projection_used" - is a regular non-system table, which contains history of v_internal.dc_projections_used

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file