Vertica, filesystems, and safety
Understood "ext4 is recommended" and that xfs may work but testing is less robust and upon any issues, Vertica may have to push back to Redhat or other OS vendor to address issues with non-ext4 filesystems.
With those caveats stated and acknowledged, some questions:
1) Does Vertica expect ext4 to be mounted in journalling mode?
2) if so, using the ext4 default of data=ordered?
3) Does Vertica rely on direct IO (IO to disk bypassing OS fileystem cache, typically using O_DIRECT flag) for high-performance?
4) Other than "vioperf" has Vertica yet identified any performance tools for gathering metrics?
5) Other than "minimum 20 MB/s per core" does Vertica assert any guidelines for storage configuration?
Anyone with answers, insights, or simply comments is thanked in advance!