hcatalog install error in vertica (9.2)

DNelgiDNelgi Vertica Employee Employee

Hello folks ,
when i tried to install hcatalog connector, I am facing the below error:
\i '/opt/vertica/packages/hcat/ddl/install.sql'
vsql:/opt/vertica/packages/hcat/ddl/install.sql:13: ROLLBACK 7143: Failed to create library VHCatalogLib because no required jar files are found in dependency paths[/opt/vertica/packages/hcat/lib/.]
HINT: Please refer to documentation for how to copy required dependency jars from Hadoop cluster using hcatUtil
vsql:/opt/vertica/packages/hcat/ddl/install.sql:16: ROLLBACK 3861: Library not found: public.VHCatalogLib
vsql:/opt/vertica/packages/hcat/ddl/install.sql:17: ROLLBACK 2059: Source with specified name and parameters does not exist: VHCatSource
vsql:/opt/vertica/packages/hcat/ddl/install.sql:18: ROLLBACK 3861: Library not found: public.VHCatalogLib
vsql:/opt/vertica/packages/hcat/ddl/install.sql:19: ROLLBACK 2059: Parser with specified name and parameters does not exist: VHCatParser
vsql:/opt/vertica/packages/hcat/ddl/install.sql:20: ROLLBACK 3861: Library not found: public.VHCatalogLib
vsql:/opt/vertica/packages/hcat/ddl/install.sql:21: ROLLBACK 2059: Function with specified name and parameters does not exist: get_hadoop_info
vsql:/opt/vertica/packages/hcat/ddl/install.sql:22: ROLLBACK 3861: Library not found: public.VHCatalogLib
vsql:/opt/vertica/packages/hcat/ddl/install.sql:23: ROLLBACK 2059: Transform Function with specified name and parameters does not exist: get_hive_metadata

I also tried adding the missing jars from external websites and ran the following verify jars and the results are as follows:
./hcatUtil --verifyJars --hcatLibPath=/opt/vertica/packages/hcat/lib
Looking at [/opt/vertica/packages/hcat/lib] for Jars
SUCCESS: Found all required Jars.
SUCCESS: Found all optional Serde and Codec Jars.
SUCCESS: Found all HDP required Jars.
SUCCESS: Found all CDH required Jars.
SUCCESS: Found all MapR required Jars.
SUCCESS: Found all native libraries

Summary

Found 42 out of 42 required JARs
Found 5 out of 5 optional Serde and Codec JARs
Found 2 out of 2 HDP required JARs
Found 1 out of 1 CDH required JARs
Found 3 out of 3 MapR required JARs
Found 3 out of 3 optional native libraries, 4 files in total
Looking at [/opt/vertica/packages/hcat/lib] for configuration files
Found configuration file [hdfs-site.xml]
Found configuration file [yarn-site.xml]
Found configuration file [core-site.xml]
Found configuration file [ssl-client.xml]
Found configuration file [hive-site.xml]
Found configuration file [webhcat-default.xml]

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• SruthiASruthiA Vertica Employee Administrator

What is your vertica version and Hadoop Version? Can you set parameter HCatalogConnectorUseHiveServer2 to 0 and try the install again?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file