I am getting an error while loading data from Vertica to SSIS.

Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) error occurred. state: 'HY000'. Native Error Code: 20. [Vertica][VerticaDSII] (20) An error occurred during query execution: Renegotiate requested by the server. Schannel does not support renegotiation. For vertica server versions above 9.2.1, consider setting the configuration parameter 'TLSRenegotiationLimit' to zero. The connection will be closed. server closed the connection unexpectedly This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.

Answers

• Bryan_HBryan_H Vertica Employee Administrator

What is the Vertica server version? E.g. output of select version();
    If you are able, and the server version is indeed 9.2.1 or later, edit the ODBC data source to include the parameter TLSRenegotiationLimit=0

• SamRockSamRock Vertica Customer

Sorry to resurrect an Old post, but I am having the same issue with my ODBC connection. I am using the 10.0.x ODBC drivers
    But my Vertica service is of version " Vertica Analytic Database v9.0.1-8 "

I get the same error as OP everytime I try to read data more than 2 to 3 million. Actually I am not sure if the volume is the issue! On teh ODBC DSN setting, I dont see option to set - TLSRenegotiationLimit

But my concern is, if the DB version is 9.0.x, will this setting still be applicable? How do I overcome it?

• SamRockSamRock Vertica Customer

Sorry to resurrect an Old post, but I am having the same issue with my ODBC connection. I am using the 10.0.x ODBC drivers
    But my Vertica service is of version " Vertica Analytic Database v9.0.1-8 "

I get the same error as OP everytime I try to read data more than 2 to 3 million. Actually I am not sure if the volume is the issue! On teh ODBC DSN setting, I dont see option to set - TLSRenegotiationLimit

But my concern is, if the DB version is 9.0.x, will this setting still be applicable? How do I overcome it?

• VivJainVivJain Vertica Employee Employee

Hi,

Can you confirm the SSIS environment that you have. Is it SSIS 2016 or SSIS 2019 ? We need to get its details in order to proceed further.

Thanks/Vivek

• VivJainVivJain Vertica Employee Employee

The link : https://forum.vertica.com/discussion/242511/consider-setting-the-configuration-parameter-tlsrenegotiationlimit-to-zero is related to Power BI issue but here its in context with SSIS, where we need to know the SSIS environment version in order to proceed forward

Regards/Vivek

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file