Options

TLS renegotiation error

serbanserban Vertica Customer

Hi folks,
I'm getting the TLS renegotiation error in SSIS, both when using the ODBC and the OLEDB connections (v10.0.0):

Source: "Vertica OLE DB Provider" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "[Vertica][VerticaDSII] (20) An error occurred during query execution: Renegotiate requested by the server. Schannel does not support renegotiation. For vertica server versions above 9.2.1, consider setting the configuration parameter 'TLSRenegotiationLimit' to zero. The connection will be closed. server closed the connection unexpectedly This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.".

I have absolutely no idea how to proceed.

Any help appreciated.

Best regards,
Serban

Comments

• Options
    Jim_KnicelyJim_Knicely - Select Field - Administrator
  • Options

Hey, Jim, thanks for that - was already aware of that post. Was already aware of the issue fix description in the release notes but not much I can do with that.
    No idea which server version we're running and no way to make any configuration changes.
    Lastly, in ODBC data source I can't see any TLS configuration parameters.
    Odd thing is I'm running the ODBC connection from Visual Studio 2013 on Windows server 2008 and it works with no issue on Vertica drivers v9. But on Windows Server 2019 and Visual Studio 2019 and Vertica drivers v10 both ODBC and OLEDB fail.

Thank you!
    Serban

• Options
    SergeBSergeB - Select Field - Employee

Really hard to say without knowing the version of your Vertica cluster. But wanted to clarify that TLSRenegotiationLimit is set at the Cluster level; e.g. select set_config_parameter ('TLSRenegotiationLimit',0);

• Options

Hi folks,

Reverting to 9.0.x drivers fixes it. Should have reviewed the compatibility matrix.

Thank you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file