Please take this survey to help us learn more about how you use third party tools. Your input is greatly appreciated!

Commission custom User Defined Functions?

edited November 13 in General Discussion

Is it ok to post a request for a custom Vertica User Defined Function as a paid freelance job?
If able and interested can contact me directly with questions/quote. I'll update this post when hired.

EDIT Revised request below to extend an Collection function

I'd like a function APPLY_VARIANCE() such that works similar to other Vertica Collection functions, but returns the sample variance.

E.g. SELECT APPLY_VARIANCE(ARRAY[1,2,3,4]); would return the sample variance, 1.666667

Reading the docs, it seems that these could be created as a scalar User Defined Functions in C++. While these functions are documented and I used to know C++ well in the past, it seems like it would be way faster and better to hire someone already experienced with writing UDFs in Vertica.

https://www.vertica.com/docs/9.2.x/HTML/Content/Authoring/ExtendingVertica/UDx/ScalarFunctions/ExampleC++.htm

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

Can't find what you're looking for? Search the Vertica Documentation, Knowledge Base, or Blog for more information.