Options

Missing RHEL 8.x support for Vertica in AWS market place

Hi ,
We are looking for RHEL8.x supported appliance in AWS market place as there are some critical security vulnerabilities with the current RHEL 7.5 appliance. Any update/guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    SruthiASruthiA Vertica Employee Administrator

we have an active feature request to support RHEL 8 to provision vertica cluster on all cloud vendors. it is currently being worked on by engineering. once this feature is released, you should be able to deploy vertica on RHEL 8 via AWS Marketplace.

• Options

Thank you for the update @SruthiA. Any time line when it is going to be available, as the security issue reported is CRITICAL and requires immediate upgrade in our system.

• Options

currently there is no ETA. Could you please open a support case and share the vulnerabilities. we can check internally if there is a way to mitigate it.

• Options

These are not vertica s/w related vulnerabilities but are of RHEL 7.5. I can provide the CVE numbers, we applied all the latest patches that are allowed on the appliance. But its looking for either RHEL 7.9 or 8.x

• Options

Here are couple of High severity CVEs for your reference
    Source: AWS FPDS RHEL Nessus Security Scan - August 2023
    *Finding Title/Header: 162583 - RHEL 7 : kernel (RHSA-2022:5232)

**CVE ID:
    CVE-2022-1729
    CVE-2022-1966

• Options

Thank you @fpdsvertica for sharing the CVE numbers. I have raised your concerns internally and shared them with the CVE Numbers.

• Options

could you please share your vertica version?

• Options

Vertica 10.0.1-6 Red Hat 7.5 - 1608058653-1ccb1373-3e37-461b-89b3-1c2b91d451d1-ami-02d53d4a77436d590.4 included the the appliance ami details as well

• Options

Thank you very much.. I just would like to let you know vertica 10.0 is out of support. even if we release support for RHEL 8, it would be on the latest vertica version.

• Options

Thank you, That still works as long as a latest version of appliance is available we can work with that.

• Options

@SruthiA could you please provide some tentative timeline when it will be released, so that we can work with our GSA security team.

• Options

@fpdsvertica : Tentatively in first quarter of 2024..

• Options

Thank you @SruthiA

• Options

@fpdsvertica : I just wanted to let you know that RHEL 8 AMI is available in marketplace. Please use it and install vertica

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file