Is HP Vertica Free ? I want to use it in production environment. Kindly suggest.

Comments

• You can use the community edition. The Vertica Community Edition download package includes a three-node license for 1TB of data. You do not need to get a license after downloading the software, but you must accept the End-User License Agreement (EULA) when the software prompts you to do so. The Vertica Community Edition license does not expire. If you exceeds those limits, you can buy an Enterprise license. Vertica License is by the amount of raw data that you load and keep in your database. Hope this answer your question. Eugenia
  • You can use the community edition. The Vertica Community Edition download package includes a three-node license for 1TB of data. You do not need to get a license after downloading the software, but you must accept the End-User License Agreement (EULA) when the software prompts you to do so. The Vertica Community Edition license does not expire. If you exceeds those limits, you can buy an Enterprise license. Vertica License is by the amount of raw data that you load and keep in your database.
  • Thanks Eugenia.
  • Hi , Backup is one of the main ability that are not suported by CE (and there are more) , do you see a case when you go to production without this ability’s ?
  • Hi , This is a business decision. If you have 3 nodes, you will be k-safe and can recover from other nodes in case of failure. If at the top you use RAID 10, you will also be protected in case of one disk failure, but things could happen, 2 disk or 2 nodes can fail at the same time or the most common a user by mistake could truncate the fact table. So in those cases you have to have a backup to recover. I know that some customers do not have backup because they could rebuild the table from source data if this extreme situation happens. But it is your business decision, just be aware of the situations and make an informed decision. Hope this helps. Eugenia
  • Hi Eugenia, maybe not a technical question; I work at HP at the SaaS environment , I am now in the installation process and I have installed the community edition. How do I order/request the entreprise edition ? Thanks!
  • Hi Yamy, You need to contact Leonard Asuncion, Leonard.v.asuncion@hp.com. He is the leader of HP on HP and manages the relationship between Vertica and other HP units. Hope this helps, Eugenia
  • Did CE in production is limited to one year ? someone from my company menation that he read in some place that after one year we should touch base with Vertica for softwer renewal .. Please advice .
  • I'm not aware of any such limitation. I would recommend checking with us at least once a year anyway, though, to check for important software updates if nothing else :-)
  • Incidentally, the CE license details are posted at http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00444973/binary/5066-3262.pdf (requires a free login, I believe?) The CE-specific stuff is only three lines of text (at the bottom); you can just read it for yourself.
  • Thanks Adam

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file