installing on amazon ec2 node

I am using amzon ec2 with ubuntu 12.04 when I am trying to install vertical debian its giving below error. Which vertica distribution can I install in my ec2 node. Please give me reply. ubuntu@ip-10-245-75-117:~$ sudo /opt/vertica/sbin/install_vertica Vertica Analytic Database 6.0.1-0 Installation Tool WARNING: No hostname list provided. Installing to localhost Starting installation tasks... Getting system information for cluster (this may take a while).... Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/vertica/oss/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vertica/network/SystemProfileFactory.py", line 152, in __check_os_support raise UnsupportedOSException("(%s) This version of Debian is unsupported." % host) UnsupportedOSException: (127.0.0.1) This version of Debian is unsupported. Exception in thread Thread-1: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/vertica/oss/python/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 530, in __bootstrap_inner self.run() File "/opt/vertica/oss/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vertica/network/SystemProfileFactory.py", line 37, in run self.profile = self.func(self.ssh[self.host]) File "/opt/vertica/oss/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vertica/network/SystemProfileFactory.py", line 79, in __factory opsys, hostname = self.__check_os_support(ssh) File "/opt/vertica/oss/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vertica/network/SystemProfileFactory.py", line 171, in __check_os_support raise uoe UnsupportedOSException: (127.0.0.1) This version of Debian is unsupported. Unable to obtain a system profile for one or more hosts. Check your adminTools-root.log file for more details. Installation completed with errors. Installation failed.

Comments

• Hi Raju, thanks for reporting your problem. We'll have some of our team look over you code and give suggestions on how to get this installation completed.
  • Hi Raju, thanks for getting in touch. We do not support Ubuntu at this time; that's the reason for this error message. You mentioned that you downloaded the Debian package. That package will work with Debian, versions 5 and 6. Further details are on our download page; each package indicates what distribution(s) and version(s) of Linux it will install on. If you are running the enterprise version of Vertica, we encourage you to use our new pre-configured AMIs. Unfortunately, these are not yet available for the CE; you'll have to install yourself using our cloud-installation instructions. Our enterprise AMIs are running CentOS 6.3. If you're installing Vertica yourself in the cloud, please note that both network and hard-disk performance can be bottlenecks in cloud systems. You can improve both substantially by the choice and configuration of your AMIs; various people online have studied different ways to do this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file