Timeout error when starting admintools

Hi, I installed Vertica in my Redhat server in a single node, but today when I try to start the admintools under /opt/vertica/bin as dbadmin user, I got the below error. -bash-3.2$ cd /opt/vertica/bin/ -bash-3.2$ ./admintools Traceback (most recent call last): File "./admintools", line 194, in cmdController = commandLineCtrl.commandLineCtrl(makeUniquePorts, showNodes) File "/opt/vertica/oss/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vertica/ui/commandLineCtrl.py", line 35, in __init__ self.__exec = adminExec.adminExec(makeUniquePorts, showNodes) File "/opt/vertica/oss/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vertica/engine/adminExec.py", line 137, in __init__ c = Configurator.Instance() File "/opt/vertica/oss/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vertica/config/Configurator.py", line 50, in Instance with FileLock( Configurator.CONFIG_FILE): File "/opt/vertica/oss/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vertica/config/FileLocker.py", line 67, in __enter__ self.acquire() File "/opt/vertica/oss/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vertica/config/FileLocker.py", line 46, in acquire raise FileLockException("Timeout occured.") vertica.config.FileLocker.FileLockException: Timeout occured. Can someone help me on the error? I tried to restarted the host but error remains the same. I don't know what's the error caused and how to figure it out, thanks very much...

Comments

• Hi Neal,

Can you check if there is a .lock file in /opt/vertica/config?
    If yes, remove it and try starting admintools again.

Thanks,
    Pravesh
  • Hi Pravesh, Thanks very much for your fast reply, it really works... I'm a beginner of the Vertica, may need your help next time:) Best regards, Neal
  • Neal, glad that it helped.
    Let us know if you face any issues in furure and we will be happy to help.

Thanks,
    Pravesh

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file