Issues connecting to vertica database in Informatica 9.5.1 version

Hello, I get the below error when i run a session in Informatica 9.5.1 version.Here i am using ODBC connection to connect to vertica. Message: [ERROR] Vertica client error: 08001:1:202:connction string lacks some options I have configured vertica plugin to 9.5.1 environment which is actually compatible with 9.0.1 Informatica. It worked with 9.1 version so gave a try to 9.5 as well. Do we have a different configuration for 9.5.1 version ? ..Thanks

Comments

• Thanks Cohen... will look forward for updates on this post.
  • wwong2wwong2 Employee
    Hi Karthika - the Windows setup steps for 9.5 are the same as they are for 9.1  
    The error message you are getting appears to be related that your ODBC driver is not configured properly.  Please review.  If you are still having issues, please provide more info about your ODBC set up and your environment

Regards

• Hi Wong, We are using linux as OS for Informatica 9.5 and 9.1 version. In 9.1 we have ODBC 6.1 version where as in 9.5 we have ODBC 7.0 version. I followed the same steps we did for 9.1 Informatica. Not sure where it went wrong.Also the copied the ODBC connection as is from 9.1 to 9.5. Is that the issue?
  • wwong2wwong2 Employee
    Hi Karthika, 
    the versions of the ODBC drivers you listed are specific to what Informatica ships and nothing to do with Vertica.  Please check on my.vertica.com to download the Vertica drivers
    Please review in doc info about installing the Vertica client drivers

and DSN set up link
    https://my.vertica.com/docs/6.1.x/HTML/index.htm#11704.htm

O
    ne other item to check is to set the VERTICAINI environment variable and if not set, please do so and restart the Informatica service
    Here is link for info about the VERTICAINI environment settings

• Thanks Wong...this will be help ful for my requirement.
  • Hi Wong, I am unable to open the first two links as they ask me for outlook user id/passowrd. Can you give me direct links similar to third link. We have setup the VERTICAINI file in the environmental settings as per the file and restarted the services,still it gives the same error. Below are the files we have used as part of setup: vertica-informatica-plugin-server-4.1.22.tar.gz vertica-odbc-6.1.0-0.x86_64.linux.tar.gz
  • wwong2wwong2 Employee
    Hi Karthika - those URLs should have worked as they referenced the online documentation found in site, my.vertica.com. If it helps, I have place the navigation path to those sections https://my.vertica.com/docs/6.1.x/HTML/index.htm#11704.htm Programmer's Guide > HP Vertica Client Libraries > Creating an ODBC Data Source Name (DSN) > Creating an ODBC DSN for Windows Clients https://my.vertica.com/docs/6.1.x/HTML/index.htm#17045.htm Programmer's Guide > HP Vertica Client Libraries > Additonal ODBC Driver Configuration Settings > Location of the Additional Driver Settings https://my.vertica.com/docs/6.1.x/HTML/index.htm#11699.htm Programmer's Guide > HP Vertica Client Libraries > Installing the HP Vertica Client Drivers > Installing the Client Drivers > Installing ODBC Drivers on Linux, Solaris, AIX, and HP-UX Regards Wayne
  • Hi Karthik,

Can you tell me the configuration steps for Vertica with Informatica 9.5.0 in windows.

I have done the following steps:

1. Added plugin in Informatica Server (vertica.xml)
    2. Copied verticacli.dll at Powercenter Client 'bin' folder.
    3. Copied verticawrt.dll in Server "bin" folder.
    4. Registered the vertica key.
    5. Created the DNS with vertica driver for windows.

While importing source tables in designer, I am getting a error that Vertica Database entry is missing in "powrmart.ini".

After making the entry in it I am able to select source and target tables.
    Vertica Database =EXTODBC.DLL

But when I am creating a task in workflow manager, then I can see VerticaConnection in Relational connections, but I am unable to see them when editing the the task.

• Hi Wange , After we have conugured vertica on Informatica, jobs are creating huge logs file which are eating away the space on the server. Is there a way we can reduce the size of logs? If not if we comment log directory in vertica.ini file, will that help? or will it use the deault log directory of Informatica? Karthika
  • Have no idea on this issue siddharth..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file