IPVS - Switch from Slave to Master when Master Director is DOWN not working

Hi, We have 4 nodes with ksafety 1: c23, c24, c25, c26 and the VIP is cx23. IPVS master director is installed on c23 and slave director on c24. Vertica installed is 6.1.0 on CentOS 6.4. Observations 1. If the server c24 is down or Vertica on c24 is down, then the connection to cx23 works and there is no interruption. We are good on this. 2. If Vertica on c23 is down, then the connection to cx23 works and there is no interruption. We are good on this. 3. However when the server c23 is down and when c24 is UP and Database is UP, then the* connection to cx23 does not work. Upon further investigation I realized that the slave director is not taking over as the master as expected when the master director goes down. I think there is a bug or imcompleteness of IPVS installation documentation. Can you verify and check if you can reproduce this scenario ? Zac.

Comments

• Amella, I have demonstrated the issue to Anna Xu (Case 00018411) and I have demonstrated what I think should be the fix. Please keep her in the loop so that efforts are not duplicated. Zac.
  • Were you able to verify what I saw ? Zac.
  • Amelia, Were you able to verify the bug or gap, I reported ? Zac.
  • Amelia, Do you have an update ? Zac.
  • Amelia, I worked with Tech Support and tested out the solution successfully. Solution - Restart spreadd on master and slave once spread.pl was started. Thank you. Zac.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file