Unable to Find Dependencies to Drop Table

Regarding this error: DROP TABLE a.b; Error: [Vertica][VJDBC](3128) ROLLBACK: DROP failed due to dependencies [Vertica][VJDBC]Detail: Cannot drop Table b because other objects depend on it SQLState: 2BV01 ErrorCode: 3128 How do you enumerate all dependencies for table b? I've already tried looking for entries in system tables table_constraints and foreign_keys, but I don't see any relevant entries.

Comments

• Hi! To see all dependencies(projections) you can use in query: select * from projections where anchor_table_name = 'A_TABLE'; or select export_objects('','A_TABLE'); https://my.vertica.com/docs/6.1.x/HTML/index.htm#1294.htm
    HINT: Use DROP ... CASCADE to drop the dependent objects too.
  • Thanks for the pointers. I didn't see anything obvious besides the super projections, so I decided to just drop with cascade and it worked. It would be much better if the error message at least reported the 1st dependency found so I know what to manually drop without the use of cascade.
  • jiahe1224jiahe1224 Vertica Customer

I found that the super projection automatically built by vertica will not affect the delete table, but the manually built super projection will affect the delete table

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file