Why I can't next to "Configure database" after install

I have installed Vertica 6.1.3 Community edition on the redhat Linux, single node.
and when I am in the step "Review the EULA" and accept it. however,it still let me review the agreement. and I can't go to next step to configure and create database, can somone give me some hint ? Thank you in adavance.image

Comments

• In the screenshot provided, I see that you have "View EULA" selected.  Are you selecting "Accept" before clicking OK?
  • Yes. I click OK.
    and is it because the disk  is LVM .not ext3 or ext4 ?
  • I do click "accept" before ok
  • I checked the install manual that:Linux Logical Volume Manager (LV) is not supported .but I succeed installing it until the step to create database....
  • here I attached the log :/opt/vertica/log/ 

tail -f uiMgr-vertica.log
    /******************************************/
    UIResponse: (0, 'View EULA')UIRequest: textbox('/opt/vertica/bin/d237f83d0a61c3594829a574c63530b.dat',)UIRequest: listBoxSelect('Review and accept the EULA', [('View EULA', 'View EULA', 1), ('Accept', 'Accept', 0), ('Reject', 'Reject', 0)], ['View EULA', 'Accept', 'Reject'])UIResponse: (0, 'View EULA')UIRequest: textbox('/opt/vertica/bin/d237f83d0a61c3594829a574c63530b.dat',)UIRequest: listBoxSelect('Review and accept the EULA', [('View EULA', 'View EULA', 1), ('Accept', 'Accept', 0), ('Reject', 'Reject', 0)], ['View EULA', 'Accept', 'Reject'])UIResponse: (0, 'View EULA')UIRequest: textbox('/opt/vertica/bin/d237f83d0a61c3594829a574c63530b.dat',)UIRequest: listBoxSelect('Review and accept the EULA', [('View EULA', 'View EULA', 1), ('Accept', 'Accept', 0), ('Reject', 'Reject', 0)], ['View EULA', 'Accept', 'Reject'])UIResponse: (1, '')
    /******************************************/

also 

tail -f adminTools-vertica.log

/**********************************/
    Oct 29 13:42:20  [adminExec.__init__] Unique Ports: False Oct 29 13:42:20  [adminExec.setInteractive] setting to True Oct 29 13:42:23  [adminExec.validateLicense]: Attempting to validate /opt/vertica/config/licensing/vertica_community_edition.license.key Oct 29 13:42:23  vertica@NJGTDev02: ['/opt/vertica/bin/vertica -L /opt/vertica/config/licensing/vertica_community_edition.license.key'] Oct 29 13:42:23  [adminExec.validateLicense]: True Vertica license is valid 

• Is there someone met the same issue as me ?  Do I still need a license for this CE?
  • Hi Emma,

Hm...  Could you describe in more detail precisely what you do, and what happens in response?

That log is indicating that you are choosing to view the EULA over and over again; it doesn't indicate that you've ever chosen to accept the license...

Note that this is a command-line interface; clicking on buttons may not work as expected.  You should use your arrow keys and 'Enter' key to make a selection.  If you're looking for a regular graphical interface, I'd recommend that you install through our Management Console.

Adam
  • Thank you Adam,I just got time and try to install Vertica again, I could use Console to install it now. Thanks for your suggestion.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file