Options

Vertica 7.1.1 management console first page does nothing

Good day.

I have successfully installed Vertica 7.1.1 on top of Centos 6.3.

Also installed Management Console, which worked OK only the first time.

If you reboot the machine, the second time only lets you authenticate and it does nothing.

If you manually change the URL to point to ../databases.html it works fine.

Is this by design?. I mean, it's supposed to work only once to create the DB? (I finally created the DB manually).

Is this a demo of an Enterprise version or are we allowed to use it in the Community Edition?

By the way, it's supossed that Vertica 7.1.1 it's supported only up to Centos 6.5 but I did a test and upgraded Centos 6.3 to 6.6 and Vertica seems to work OK, in a single machine installation. Is it OK to work with Centos 6.3 upgraded to 6.6?

Regards

Michael

Comments

• Options

I did a MC reset, stopping the service and removing the /opt/vconsole/mcdb directory.

After that, I restarted the service, everything was OK.

I connected to the MC URL and accepted License Agreement and did all the configuration again just like the documentation says... No first page again... it does not work.

I again manually pointed the browser to ../databases.html and I got the message to import or create a new cluster.

That is, MC works, I can log in, but I have to write the URL in the browser (firefox for Centos).

If I switch back to my host machine (Mac OS X Yosemite, 10.10.3), no matter I use Firefox, Chrome or Safari, the result is the same.

Vertica runs on Centos 6.3 upgraded to 6.6 VM (originally I got the same MC problem running Centos 6.3 x64) a MBP Retina, VMWare Fusion 7.1.1.

Here's the error reported when manually started MC after doing the configuration stuff. (attached txt file).

The only "different" configuration, is that my Centos VM has ES (Spanish) locale... could it be that? I need that locale since data inside Vertica DB has spanish characters.

Regards

Michael

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file