[Vertica][JDBC](10220) Driver not capable

hi,

We am trying to establish DB connection to Vertica from HP Operations Orchestation.  When we try to execute the flow, here's the error that we are witnessing:

Vertica JDBC used: vertica-jdbc-7.0.1-0.jar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ERROR [debug-runpool-1-thread-10] (00:35:58,175) com.iconclude.dharma.model.operations.WebOperation - RAS-side exception occurred while executing IAction 'com/iconclude/content/actions/sql/SQLCommand.class':'java.sql.SQLFeatureNotSupportedException: [Vertica][JDBC](10220) Driver not capable.
at com.vertica.exceptions.ExceptionConverter.toSQLException(Unknown Source)
at com.vertica.jdbc.common.SConnection.createStatement(Unknown Source)
at com.iconclude.content.actions.sql.SQL.executeSqlCommand(SQL.java:419)
at com.iconclude.content.actions.sql.SQLCommand.execute(SQLCommand.java:43)
at com.iconclude.webservices.ras.classLoadedIaction.execute(JavaExtensionService.java:578)
at com.iconclude.webservices.ras.JavaExtensionService.executeFromThisDelegator(JavaExtensionService.java:260)
at com.iconclude.webservices.ras.ExtensionServiceDelegator.execute(ExtensionServiceDelegator.java:58)
at com.iconclude.webservices.ras.RCAgentServiceSoapBindingImpl.execute(RCAgentServiceSoapBindingImpl.java:48)
at com.iconclude.webservices.ras.RCAgentServiceSoapBindingSkeleton.execute(RCAgentServiceSoapBindingSkeleton.java:238)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could anyone help us fix this issue?

thanks in advance

teeka

Comments

• hi Sruthi,

thanks for your quick response...

i turned the logging and attached the log file.  please let me know if this can help...

• this is how i enabled logging.  please correct me.

uncommented log4j.degub line from properties file under location C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Operations Orchestration\Studio\conf

# uncomment this if you want to see what log4j does when it reads this file.
    log4j.debug=true

log4j.rootLogger=ERROR, stdout, R

• more logs here:

• SruthiASruthiA Vertica Employee Administrator

I checked logs and looks like there is some issue related to connection statement you are trying to issue.(ERROR [debug-runpool-1-thread-9] (00:34:16,028) com.iconclude.dharma.model.operations.WebOperation - RAS-side exception occurred while executing IAction 'com/iconclude/content/actions/sql/SQLCommand.class':'java.sql.SQLException: No database URL was provided 

In order to investigate further, could you please share me with code that you are using to connect to vertica from HP Orchestration?

-Regards,

Sruthi

• hi Sruti,

attached is the snapshot from flow properties...

teeka

• hi Sruti,

even i work for hp. is it possible to reply to teeka(at)hp(dot)com

thanks,

teeka

• Hi, I have the same problem and I can't find a solution.

I'm using a jdbc connection on WebSphere 8.5 and WebSphere liberty.

The configurations are ok, I tested the connection through websphere.

When I try to call the jndi resource into my war by SmartGWT configuration properties:

sql.Vertica.driver.name: jdbc/vertica
    sql.Vertica.database.type: generic
    sql.Vertica.interface.type: jndi

Mapped into web.xml:

<resource-ref>
    <description>VERTICA</description>
    <res-ref-name>jdbc/vertica</res-ref-name>
    <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
    <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
    </resource-ref>

I obtain the following error:

[Vertica][JDBC](10220) Driver non in grado. DSRA0010E: Stato SQL = HYC00, Codice errore = 10.220
    at com.vertica.exceptions.ExceptionConverter.toSQLException(Unknown Source)

Could anyone help me?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file