How can I increase the value disk_space_free_mb for my database

I run the following command:

copy MARKS from '/home/dbadmin/result-utf8.txt' delimiter '|' null as '' exceptions '/home/dbadmin/copy-error.log' ABORT ON ERROR;

The result of command:

ERROR 2927: Could not write to [/home/dbadmin/IM_0609/v_im_0609_node0001_data]: Volume [/home/dbadmin/IM_0609/v_im_0609_node0001_data] has insufficient space.

Result this command

SELECT node_name,storage_usage,disk_space_used_mb,disk_space_free_mb,disk_space_free_pe‌​rcent FROM v_monitor.disk_storage

v_im_0609_node0001 CATALOG 16055 1463 8%
v_im_0609_node0001 DATA,TEMP 16055 1463 8%
v_im_0609_node0001 DATA,TEMP 16055 1463 8%

I have read that it is necessary to increase the value of the following disk_space_free_mb.

How can I do that?

Comments

• Actually no, the disk_space_free_mb is not a parameter is just a column in your disk_storage or system_resources that indicates: The number of megabytes of free storage available

• what you need to do is add more space to that disk(extend it)
    • or add a new storage location.

Example of adding location:

dbadmin=> CREATE LOCATION '/full path/'
    ALL NODES
    USAGE 'DATA,TEMP'
    LABEL 'Data_Store_2';
    • the directory you specify as your new storage location must be empty. Note:
    • if you will need ot write / read from this location with a user different from the dbadmin/admin user you will need to grant access to this locaiton to that specific user.

Example:

GRANT ALL ON LOCATION '/full path/' TO USER123;
    • i recommend for better maintenance you create roles and assign the grants to the roles and then to the users you want - much better to handle in the future.

For more on storage location in Vertica see the links here:

CREATE NEW STORAGE LOCATION IN HP VERTICA DATABASE.

CREATE VERTICA TIERED STORAGE POLICIES

MANAGE STORAGE LOCATIONS

• i hope this helped.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file