Java Compile with VerticaSDK.jar - Version 7.2.1-2 Not working

I am attempting to compile my Java UDxs in Vertica Version v7.2.1-2.  I have taken the latest VerticaSDK.jar and BuildInfo.java files from the server.

It appears that there is a new line in BuildInfo.

vbi.sdk_version     = BuildInfo.VERTICA_BUILD_ID_SDK_Version;

That is getting it's value from the previous line.

public static final String VERTICA_BUILD_ID_SDK_Version      = "7.2.1";

When I create the jar file to deploy everything appears to work.  The classes compile and the jar contains the same files as the previous version.

I fun the following command to install my library.

create library match_processing.sparcs_upide as '/tmp/upide.jar' language 'java';

[CREATE - 0 row(s), 0.016 secs]  [Error Code: 3857, SQL State: 0A000]  [Vertica][VJDBC](3857) ROLLBACK: Library built with unsupported version of Vertica SDK [Version: , Revision: 180848]

I notice that the Version in the error message is blank.  I don't know if this comes from the SDK or the BuildInfo.class file.  That is the correct revision number from my BuildInfo.java file.  Is this a bug or something I am doing incorrectly?  I have tried to compile the classes in Eclipse and manually on the server pointing directly to the /opt/vertica/bin files to rule out wrong versions of the files in my local environment.

Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

Comments

• SruthiASruthiA Vertica Employee Administrator

Hi,

Can you share me your Java UDx. I will try it in my lab and see what is the issue

Sruthi

• SruthiASruthiA Vertica Employee Administrator

Hi,

Can you recompile your libraries and try executing java UDX

Sruthi

• Today we received a response from Vertica to try again and I was able to compile the Java UDx functions.  Thank you for following up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file