Options

Vertica strings_packge( and group_concat) Upgrade

Hi,

I've Upgraded our Vertica cluster from 6.1.3 to latest 7.2.1-0. The database was originally copied with a vbr.py copy-cluster command from our previous hosting(Vertica version 6.1.3) to AWS Vertica cluster(Vertica version 7.2.1).

For an unknown reason, I've getting the below error:
ERROR 6999:  The library [GroupConcatLib] for the function [group_concat(varchar)] was compiled with an incompatible SDK Version [v6.1.0-0]
HINT:  Recompile the library with the SDK version [7.2.1] and then recreate the library and functions

I've cloned Vertica-Extension-Packages and ran:
cd strings-package
make install

Got the below output:
==============================================
vsql -f ddl/install.sql
Password:
              version              
------------------------------------
 Vertica Analytic Database v7.2.1-0
(1 row)

CREATE LIBRARY
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE TRANSFORM FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
vsql:ddl/install.sql:16: ROLLBACK 3472:  Function with same name and number of parameters already exists: group_concat
==============================================

Tried also to run 'make uninstall' followed by 'make install' but it didn't help.

Thanks in advance,
Yarden

Comments

• Options
    SruthiASruthiA Vertica Employee Administrator

HI,

Please try by runing make command before installing strings package using install.sql

Sruthi

• Options

Hi,

Got the same error:

vsql:ddl/install.sql:16: ROLLBACK 3472:  Function with same name and number of parameters already exists: group_concat

• Options

I've dropped the manually install GroupConcat library and successfully installed the strings_package.

Queries runs normally now :)

Thank you!

• Options

Hello,
    Running into issue like this -
    make: Entering directory /opt/vertica/packages/Vertica-Extension-Packages-master/strings_package' g++ -g -D HAVE_LONG_LONG_INT_64 -c -I ../include -Wall -Wno-unused-value -fPIC -I /opt/vertica/sdk/include -I /opt/vertica/packages/Vertica-Extension-Packages-master/strings_package/src/third-party/include -O3 -DNDEBUG /opt/vertica/sdk/include/Vertica.cpp -o build/Vertica.o In file included from /opt/vertica/sdk/include/Vertica.h:75:0, from /opt/vertica/sdk/include/Vertica.cpp:38: /opt/vertica/sdk/include/VerticaUDx.h: In member function ‘void Vertica::UDXObject::cancelUDX(Vertica::ServerInterface&)’: /opt/vertica/sdk/include/VerticaUDx.h:2305:57: error: operand type ‘bool*’ is incompatible with argument 1 of ‘__sync_fetch_and_or’ if (!__sync_fetch_and_or(&(this->canceled), true)) { ^ make: *** [build/Vertica.o] Error 1 make: Leaving directory/opt/vertica/packages/Vertica-Extension-Packages-master/strings_package'

We have upgraded to 9.2 and just installing the extension packages, running into this error.

When executing group_concat, the error is -
    The library [StringsLib] for the function [group_concat(varchar)] was compiled with an incompatible SDK Version [8.1.1].

Any pointers please? Thanks!

• Options

We are facing the below error after upgrading to 9.2.1-3:
    [Code: 3399, SQL State: VP001] [Vertica]VJDBC ROLLBACK: Failure in UDx RPC call InvokeGetLibraryInfo(): Error calling setupExecContext() in User Defined Object [] at [/data/qb_workspaces/jenkins2/ReleaseBuilds/Grader/REL-9_2_1-x_grader/build/vertica/OSS/UDxFence/vertica-udx-C++.cpp:274], error code: 0, message: Error happened in dlopen(): [/outbrain/vertica/home/udx/Vertica-Extension-Packages/strings_package/lib/StringsLib.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]
    @AnitaM77 - were you able to solve this?

• Options
    Jim_KnicelyJim_Knicely - Select Field - Administrator
    edited July 2019

You will need to recompile UDx Libraries everytime you upgrade Vertica.

See:
    https://www.vertica.com/docs/9.2.x/HTML/Content/Authoring/ExtendingVertica/UDx/UpdatingUDFsAfterAServerUpgrade.htm

As an alternative to GROUP_CONCAT, take a peek at the LISTAGG function. You won't need to recompile it!

See:
    https://www.vertica.com/docs/9.2.x/HTML/Content/Authoring/SQLReferenceManual/Functions/Aggregate/LISTAGG.htm

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file