Error 6455 when adding column

I'm running Vertica 7.1.1-0 and I have a pretty big table that I need to add a few columns to. However, when I try to run the following query:

alter table flexgroup.tblfacturation add column FlexUtiliseVieBaseAdherent decimal(14,4);

I get the following message:

SQL Error [6455] [0A000]: [Vertica]VJDBC ROLLBACK: Unsupported access to table with projection expressions or aggregates
[Vertica]VJDBC ROLLBACK: Unsupported access to table with projection expressions or aggregates
com.vertica.util.ServerException: [Vertica]VJDBC ROLLBACK: Unsupported access to table with projection expressions or aggregates

I also tried:

alter table flexgroup.tblfacturation add column FlexUtiliseVieBaseAdherent decimal(14,4) CASCADE;

But the message this time was:

SQL Error [4856] [42601]: [Vertica]VJDBC ERROR: Syntax error at or near "CASCADE"
[Vertica]VJDBC ERROR: Syntax error at or near "CASCADE"
com.vertica.util.ServerException: [Vertica]VJDBC ERROR: Syntax error at or near "CASCADE"

After some research, I was able to figure out it has something to do with projections and the like, but I couldn't find any way to actually add the column without destroying the table and recreating it (which kind of feels like overkill).

Anyway, can anyone help me?

Comments

• From the error is sounds like, your table has projection with expressions or aggregates and add column is not supported in the version you are running. One option is to drop and recreate aggregate projection after you add column or upgrade to more recent 7.2 version. I tested version 7.2.3-x and I could successfully add column to table with LAP

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file