DBADMIN vs. PSEUDOSUPERUSER and the PROFILES system table

Hello. Anyone know what the difference(s) is/are between DBADMIN and PSEUDOSUPERUSER? The docs don't seem to help. I have a learner in training stating: I have dbadmin ID. If I SELECT * FROM PROFILES; I see a pile of password policies we've created. I GRANT PSEUDOSUPERUSER to my regular ID, log on with my regular ID, and SELECT * FROM PROFILES yields one record. Why?

The PROFILES system table doc states:
Non-superusers querying this table see only the information for the profile to which they are assigned.

The docs also state:

Users with the PSEUDOSUPERUSER role are entitled to complete administrative privileges

and

Superuser
The automatically-created database user who has the same name as the Linux database administrator account and who can bypass all GRANT/REVOKE authorization, or any user that has been granted the PSEUDOSUPERUSER role.

However, his experience seems to lead me to believe PSEUDOSUPERUSER, in this case, is not a Superuser.

Comments

• I think I figured this out. I don't believe he set his default role to PSEUDOSUPERUSER or he did not SET ROLE PSEUDOSUPERUSER

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file