Limitations of Vertica Analytic Database v8.1.1-0 version

Hello vertica team,
I want to know about backup and restore procedure in centos server(single node), recently I have seen a blog about unsupported features in vertica communication edition

Is it true that backup and restore is unsupported feature in vertica communication edition ??

Comments

• Jim_KnicelyJim_Knicely - Select Field - Administrator
    edited February 2018

Hi,

Don't listen to that JK guy! He doesn't know what he's talking about! :p

Actually, that's an old post. Those features are now available with Vertica CE for you to test out and enjoy, including B&R. Just note that Vertica CE is for non-production use only, it still does have those limitations listed, and the only support you can get is from the Vertica User Community (which is pretty darn awesome, btw).

Here's what it says on the Vertica User Community registration page ( https://my.vertica.com/register/):

Register today as a new member of the growing MyVertica Community and download the HPE Vertica Community Edition to:

• Experience Big Data analytics at the highest performance and extreme scale at no cost and no time limit
    • Gain access to all features of HPE Vertica Enterprise and manage and analyze up to 1 TB of data across three nodes
    • Explore an additional 1 TB of semi-structured data with Flex Tables, innovative schema-on-read technology

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file