Cloudera integration with Vertica fails

harirethnaharirethna Community Edition User
edited July 2020 in General Discussion

Hi friends,
I have Vertica 9.3 CE setup and have a default VMart db running in it and it is a single node machine.
Also i have another server with cloudera CDH 6.x installed. Now im trying to create a vertica service from clouder manager.

Im following the vertica document of "how to integrate vertica service with cloudera" topic.

As per the steps in the doc, i have moved the CSD file to opt/cloudera/CSD top

Now im trying to create the vertica service by specifying the db name as Vmart, API Key(i have generated and specified) and also specified the db username and password. On clicking next the service need to be registered with cloudera and it has to be created, but instead im getting the below error

Not sure the reason besides, although my db is up and agent is running in the vertica end.
Kindly expedite and let me know the cause for this issue.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
GTA

Tagged:

Answers

• SruthiASruthiA Vertica Employee Administrator

Is your Vertica database UP and running while performing this integration? What is the output of the command

ps -ef|grep vertica

• harirethnaharirethna Community Edition User

Hi Sruthi,
    Thanks for the reply, Find the below grep command result

Also i can see my db VMart is in up state in Mgmt Console.
    Regards,
    GTA

edited July 2020

Based on the screenshot, I see that db IP address is 127.0.0.1 which is localhost IP . Is this IP reachable from server where cloudera manager is installed? Can you check if cloudera agent is UP and running on all vertica nodes. Output should similar to below. If you can, please share cloudera manager server log for review.

ps -ef|grep agent
    dbadmin 2553 1 0 18:11 ? 00:00:00 /bin/bash /opt/vertica/agent/agent.sh
    dbadmin 2567 2553 0 18:11 ? 00:00:05 /opt/vertica/oss/python3/bin/python3 -m vertica.agent.simply_fast
    root 2598 1 0 18:11 ? 00:00:02 /usr/bin/python2 /opt/cloudera/cm-agent/bin/../bin/supervisord
    root 2600 2598 0 18:11 ? 00:00:00 /usr/bin/python2 /opt/cloudera/cm-agent/bin/../bin/cmf-listener -l /var/log/cloudera-scm-agent/cmf_listener.log /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/events
    root 3677 1 0 18:16 ? 00:00:27 /usr/bin/python2 /opt/cloudera/cm-agent/bin/cm agent --legacy-supervisor --daemon --comm_name cm-agent --pidfile /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/cloudera-scm-agent.pid
    root 3724 2598 1 18:16 ? 00:01:18 /usr/bin/python2 /opt/cloudera/cm-agent/bin/../bin/cm status_server
    root 3768 2598 0 18:16 ? 00:00:08 /usr/bin/python2 /opt/cloudera/cm-agent/bin/../bin/flood
    dbadmin 7072 2764 0 19:24 pts/0 00:00:00 grep agent

Hi Sruthi,
    Thanks for the reply again.
    Let me check the IP of my vertica machine whether it is reachable in my cloudera machine or not, as both the servers are different and they are not co-located.
    I will check the cloudera agent status and will let you know shortly. Also will share you the cloudera manager server logs too.
    Regards,
    GTA

edited July 2020

Hi Sruthi,
    cloudera agent is in up state on checking in cloudera server

Also the Vertica server is pinging in cloudera server. From the previous grep command it is shown that within the vertica server the db is listening on local host(127.0.0.1), but the vertica external IP is listening on Cloudera machine, as I made tnsping to my vertica machine from the cloudera machine and it is getting connected to vertica machine.

But from this quote

Can you check if cloudera agent is UP and running on all vertica nodes

Do you mean that my cloudera agent should need to run in my vertica nodes. Since in my case cloudera and vertica are running in a seperate server.

Regards,
    GTA

Yes.. Cloudera agent should be running on vertica node. when you add hosts, cloudera will install agent on vertica nodes. I also recommend using external IP while creating vertica database and not the 127.0.0.1. please create vertica database with external IP and once you create service, if it fails, can you share me the logs?

Hi Sruthi,

Let me check and update you.

Regards,
    GTA

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file